As already mentioned above, Express Entry covers three main economic immigration programs, which include:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- The Canadian Experience Class.
The applicant’s work experience should be:
The candidate should:
The candidate should have:
Federal skilled workers- The main selection factors
CIC analyses the federal skilled worker applications on the following criteria.
- If the applicant scores 67 points or more (out of 100), he/she can qualify to migrate to Canada as a skilled worker.
- If the score is less than 67 points, qualifying for immigration is impossible as a federal skilled worker.
- Education: candidates are awarded a maximum of twenty five points.
- Language Skills: candidates are awarded a maximum of twenty eight points.
- Work Experience: applicants are given up to fifteen points for experience acquired in the past ten years. A minimum of nine points are required.
- For arranged employment candidates are given a maximum to ten points.
- For adaptability candidates are awarded a maximum of ten points.
Federal Skilled Trades Program (Requirements)
To qualify, a candidate must:
- Plan on living outside of Quebec as the province chooses its own skilled workers. If a person intends to live in Quebec, he/she will have to qualify under the Quebec selection criteria for skilled workers ,
- Meet the desired levels in French or English for every language ability (reading, speaking, listening and writing),
- have a minimum of two years of work experience (full-time) or an equivalent amount of part-time work experience in a skilled trade,
- meet all of the job requirements for the specific skilled trade as determined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
- have a full time employment offer for a period of at least an year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade provided by a Canadian territorial or provincial authority.
Canadian Experience Class (Requirements)
The candidate must:
- Have a minimum of one year of full-time (or similar amount of part-time) experience in the country within three years before applying,
- Have attained the experience in the country with proper authorization,
- Meet the language levels required for a job for every language ability (reading, speaking, listening ad writing),
- Intend to reside outside of Quebec.
- Work experience a candidate gains as a full-time student or self-employment are not regarded in this program.